I finished up a few quilt tops this weekend. Both of these were made from blocks that were gifted to me. The blocks were all finished and just needed to be put together in some way.
I really like how the purple one turned out. I don't know what the block name is but it ended up really cool anyway.
I thought that the red/blue quilt needed a border so I found something that matched the inner red blocks and put that around. I think that this could pass for a Quilt of Valor so I'm going to do some checking around. If its not quite big enough yet I will get another border or two going :)
This week I am working on the backing for my Craftsy BOM top....I am piecing together my scraps and here is what I have put together so far.
I cut my own 'layer cakes' from my scraps and this is what I came up with. This section is about 39x39 and the backing for my quilt should be about 70x70 so I have a lot of work to do. I think that this is a great start though and can't wait to finally get that quilt to a long-arm quilter!
Have a great week - Angela S.