Last night I finished up the B Blocks to my 5 Yard Quilt. Once all A & B blocks were complete I trimmed them up. They were supposed to be 8.5 x 8.5 squares however I made mine 8.25 x 8.25 since my quarter inch seam is a little over what it should be. I couldn't really get this quilt in my head until the B blocks were done. It's really amazing how cutting up fabric can change the look completely. I posted a picture below of how some of the quilt top should look when finished. There will be two borders to this quilt. I believe that there is a small green border and a large red border. The binding for the project will be green.
|B block - prior to trimming|
|Trim, trim, trim.|
I'm not sure how much more I will get done this weekend, as I am heading out of town shortly. I think that I will be able to hit two quilt shops this afternoon so I will let you know my findings. These are both shops that I have never been to so I'm excited to see what they have.
Have a great weekend!